Cardiac Risk in the Young APPG
A full list of the members of the Cardiac Risk in the Young APPG can be found here.
Many MPs were prompted to join the APPG following the launch of the CRY Postcard Campaign in July 2004. This hard-hitting visual campaign was re-launched in October 2008.
On 23rd November 2016 CRY held its 15th Parliamentary Reception, where CRY announced the latest campaign in government urging all MPs to sign a pledge to support a National Strategy for the Prevention of Young Sudden Cardiac Death.
The event was hosted by Sir Roger Gale MP (Conservative), Dr John Pugh MP (Liberal Democrats) and Kevan Jones MP (Labour).
Speeches were given by:
– Mims Davies MP – Conservative MP for Eastleigh
– Hugh Mulcahey – CRY Trustee and Chairman since 2007
– Jack Clifford – CRY Patron and rugby union player for England and Harlequins
– Vincent Regan – CRY Patron and Hollywood, TV, and theatre actor, screenwriter and director
– Professor Sanjay Sharma – CRY Consultant Cardiologist
– Dr Steven Cox – CRY Chief Executive
For more information, and an updated list of those MPs who have signed the pledge, go to www.c-r-y.org.uk/my-pledge.
Back to members home page