£1m community investment outlined in Go-Ahead's sustainability report
The Go-Ahead Group has today published its sustainability report for the year ended 1 July 2017, which coincides with the Group's Annual General Meeting. This publication illustrates the company’s sustainability performance and progress across all aspects of the organisation's activity.
Katy Taylor, commercial and customer director, explains: “We continually aim to improve our reporting across the Group and make sure we are talking about the things that matter most to our key stakeholders and to the business.
“We are proud of our achievements to date including the development of a £1m community investment programme that includes cash and time contributions benefiting the local communities in which we operate. Working collaboratively with our strategic partners, helps us deliver value to our people, customers and society at large.”
Other sustainability achievements highlighted in the report are:
- Maintained sector-leading customer satisfaction score in regional bus at 90%
- Employee engagement increased by 23% across our bus operations
- Achievement of our 10% CO2 emissions target ahead of schedule
- First transport group to obtain Carbon Trust triple accreditation
- First FTSE 350 company to achieve the Fair Tax Mark
The Group also publishes a video summarising its performance in the past year, and sustainability reports for all its subsidiary operating companies. All reports and videos can be viewed at http://www.go-ahead.com/en/sustainability/performance-and-reports.html