Confederation of Paper Industries: The voice and face of the UK’s Paper-based Industries
The Confederation of Paper Industries (CPI) aims to unify the UK’s Paper-based Industries with a single purpose in promoting paper’s intrinsic value as a renewable and sustainable fibre-based material, enhancing its competitiveness through seeking to reduce legislative and regulatory impacts and in spreading best practice.
CPI represents the supply chain for paper, comprising recovered paper merchants, paper and board manufacturers and converters, corrugated packaging producers and makers of soft tissue papers.
CPI is working to promote:
• a positive image for paper
• secure energy supplies at competitive prices
• resource efficiency within a coherent waste strategy
• the benefits of packaging
• a sustainable UK Paper Industry
• manufacturing as a vital part of a balanced economy
• a competitive, level playing field for the UK’s Paper-based Industries
CPI represents 70 Member companies from an industry with an aggregate annual turnover of
£5 billion, 25,000 direct and more than 100,000 indirect employees. Members range in size from large multi-national organisations with multiple sites in the UK, to single site SMEs.