Established in 2003, Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable populations.
Our mission is to improve lives in Africa and Asia through sustainable, evidence-based programmes that combat targeted diseases and promote child and maternal health.
We will accomplish this together with partners and all levels of government, by:
• designing and implementing cutting edge research, surveillance and monitoring and evaluation;
• selectively scaling up and delivering sustainable evidence-based health programmes;
• providing technical assistance and consulting services that shape and strengthen national and international health policies, strategies and systems and build local capacity;
• seeking to ensure that our experience, thought leadership, practical findings and research results are effectively communicated and contribute to the coordinated improvement of access to and quality of healthcare.
Our areas of expertise include:
• disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment
• disease control and elimination
• health systems strengthening
• research, monitoring and evaluation leading to best practice
• behaviour change communication
• national and international advocacy, and policy development