Meeting the Challenge of APP Targets: Boosting Student Access, Participation and Outcomes
Venue & Event Details
In a sea change for access and participation, HEIs are now required by the OfS to set out targets within their Access and Participation Plans (APPs) for the 2020/21 – 2024/25 period. These long-term, outcomes-based plans are the some of the most challenging set to date and will for the first-time place HEIs accountable to self-set targets that improve access, participation and success in higher education.
The OfS states HEIs must develop APPs that eliminate gaps in four areas:
- Entry rates between the most and least represented groups
- Drop-out rates between the most and least represented groups
- Degree outcomes between white and black students
- Degree outcomes between disabled and non-disabled students
By tackling these, HEIs are taking the first steps in a generational shift towards a fairer HE system and society.
Join us on the 21st April to review how your institution can widen access and participation in order to meet APP targets. This is your chance to review OfS guidance and the key performance measures (KPMs) for APPs as well as learn good practice of achieving targets from peers across the sector.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Strategy: Reviewing Access & Participation Plan Targets against OfS Standards
- Taking a “Whole Institution approach” to APPs: Ensuring your whole University engages
- Panel Session: Strategy— Reviewing Different Institution’s Approach to APPs
- Getting in: Admissions & Retention
- Closing entry rate gaps: Piloting schemes which widen access to disadvantaged groups
- Success Within: Attainment
- Getting on: Progression & Next Steps
- Next steps: Adopting longer-term outcomes-led approaches
About the event
The day is split into 5 parts which will give you all you need to review your institution's approach to widening access and participation, these are:
(1) Strategy: Reviewing Access & Participation Plan Targets against OfS Standards
(2) Panel Session: Strategy— Reviewing Different Institution’s Approach to APPs
(3) Getting in: Admissions & Retention
(4) Success Within: Attainment
(5) Getting on: Progression & Next Steps
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in widening participation in HE, including those working in: widening participation & outreach teams; admissions; community engagement; student services & student unions.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: email@example.com | 0207 593 5657