Supporting Menopause at Work
Venue & Event Details
Tuesday 8th December 2020 | Online
With menopausal women as the fastest growing demographic in the UK workforce, it is imperative that employers and managers are equipped to support their staff through the menopause.
Similar to mental health or maternity provisions, supportive frameworks and managers can make a significant difference to staff, increasing productivity and staff loyalty, as well as reducing turnover and absence.
Join us for ‘Supporting Menopause at Work’ to receive valuable insights from expert speakers into how menopause is experienced in the workplace, creating policies to support staff and training managers to ensure that the best outcomes are secured for your workforce and organisation alike.
This event is CPD-Certified and will contribute to your professional development.
Register your place today.
- Learn how to ensure that menopausal staff and their managers are supported, to ensure that staff can do their best work
- Bring new, innovative ideas around creating a positive and menopause-informed culture in your workplace back to your organisation, with the insight needed to put them into practice
- Hear from leading figures on adapting workplace policy and practice to ensure that constructive frameworks for supporting menopause are implemented in your workplace
- Earn a CPD certificate for your personal progression
- Enjoy an opportunity to network with expert speakers and your peers
- Sarah Davies, Co-Founder and Director, Talking Menopause
- Maggie Steven, Senior Advisor & Deputy Area Director, Acas
- Julie Dennis, Director & Trainer, Menopause at Work
- Theresa Winters, Culture Lead, Santander UK
Grace McLoughlin, Diversity & Inclusion Event Manager, Dods PLC
||Chair's Opening Remarks
Pause for thought: why is menopause a workplace issue?
- The business case for supporting menopause at work
- Key facts: what is menopause, and how is it experienced?
- Examining the barriers which traditional practice poses for menopausal individuals
SPEAKER: Sarah Davies, Co-Founder and Director, Talking Menopause
Duty of care: developing a menopause policy that protects staff and organisation alike
- Understanding legal responsibilities under the Equality Act and Duty of Care
- Performing a risk assessment and addressing the findings
- Using related policies to inform and support new, focussed guidelines
- From fans to flexible working: simple reasonable adjustments that make all the difference
SPEAKER: Maggie Steven, Senior Advisor & Deputy Area Director, Acas
Managing menopause: supporting your managers in facilitating staff
- ‘One size does not fit all’: ensuring managers can provide for individual needs
- Performance management: providing guidance on appropriate expectations
- Managing sickness and health absence, and enabling greater attendance
One-to-one: developing confidence in conducting conversations and building trust
- Creating an open-door culture of trust and compassion
- The path made clear: enabling staff to tell you what they need
- How familiarity with policy can allow managers to guide staff towards solutions
- Guidance on confidentiality, disclosure and when to act
Speaker: Julie Dennis, Director & Trainer, Menopause at Work
||Break for Lunch
Changing culture: breaking stigma and raising awareness about menopause at work
- Enabling open discussion to find simple and powerful workplace adjustments – a case study
- The key aspects of workplace culture and how to apply these to create a menopause friendly organisation
SPEAKER: Theresa Winters, Culture Lead, Santander UK
||Chair's Closing Remarks