Unlocking the Senior Civil Service Online
Venue & Event Details
Entering the Senior Civil Service is difficult due to a variety of factors. The recruitment process is highly competitive, with a large pool of applicants vying for a limited number of positions. Also, the selection criteria are rigorous, focusing on relevant experience and personal qualities such as leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills. Additionally, the civil service has a hierarchical structure with clearly defined career paths, sometimes meaning that promotion to senior positions is based on performance or tenure. The nature of the work at SCS level also requires a high level of responsibility, expertise, and knowledge, which can only be gained through years of experience and training.
Unlocking the Senior Civil Service is a unique conference offering practical help and guidance to those wishing to develop into the Senior Civil Service. It is specifically designed to give you the answer to two vital questions:
- How can I improve my chances of entering the SCS?
- What will life be like once I am there?
- The benefits of attending this conference include the opportunity to:
- Resolve the questions in your mind about whether or not the SCS is right for you
- Learn from experts about what you can do to improve your chances of making the grade
- Gain deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and competencies required to be successful in the SCS
- Examine the barriers and enablers affecting your progression
- Hear from recent entrants about how they made the move and what life is like now they are there
- Network with peers and counterparts from across Government who are also contemplating an SCS career