Health Secretary Matt Hancock reveals he has also tested positive for coronavirus
Matt Hancock made the announcement via video from his home.
Matt Hancock has become the latest member of the Cabinet to test positive for the coronavirus.
The Health Secretary made the announcement shortly after Boris Johnson also revealed that he had contracted the potentially-deadly bug.
Like the Prime Minister, Mr Hancock said his symptoms were "mild" and he was now self-isolating at home.
In a video posted on Twitter, he said: "I've been working from home over the last couple of days because everybody who can work from home, should work from home.
"I've also had some mild symptoms of coronavirus and, upon medical advice, I was tested and that test was positive.
"I'll be self-isolating here until next Thursday. Fortunately for me the symptoms so far have been very mild so I've been able to carry on with the work of driving forward the UK response and also just say a massive thank you to everyone in the NHS, working in social care and right across the board on the response."
Earlier, Downing Street confirmed that Mr Johnson would be self-isolating in the flat above 11 Downing Street for the next seven days.
He began feeling unwell on Thursday afternoon and, after being advised by the chief medical officer Chris Whitty to be tested, found out at midnight that he had the illness.
In a video message, the PM said: "be in no doubt that I can continue, thanks to the wizardry of modern technology, to communicate with all my top team to lead the national fight-back against coronavirus.”