UK Advertising Export Group Stages Exports Month to Boost Global Trade
Special plans include UK House at SXSW 2021, a new online tool to support export strategies and a Going Global roadshow for companies looking to build international revenue
London, March 1 2021: This March sees UK advertising celebrate its third annual Exports Month in a boost to the industry’s global ambitions as it looks forward to recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic and new trading relationships overseas. The Exports Month campaign is led by the UK Advertising Export Group (UKAEG), the advertising industry partnership run by the Advertising Association, the IPA, APA, DMA, London & Partners and the Creative Industries Council. It brings together over 50 leading creative businesses with UK Government’s Department for International Trade (DIT) to build exports of advertising services through increased profile and lead generation opportunities in key international territories including China, Japan, South Korea, North America and Europe.
Landmark moments planned for Export Month include:
- The third annual UK Advertising Exports Report – With research from UK advertising think tank Credos, the report will launch on March 15 and include the industry’s latest export performance figures – an area where the country has traditionally performed strongly. The report will also feature new research into current industry sentiment, an extensive range of case studies, op-eds and profiles from UKAEG members.
- South by Southwest (SXSW) – SXSW is the global meeting place for over 300,000 innovators and creators from across the interactive, film and music sectors and will run virtually from March 16-20. It offers the perfect chance for learning and discovery, as well as opportunities to foster business development. DIT is leading the UK Government’s presence at SXSW for 2021 with a virtual trade mission and exhibition stand.
- UK House at SXSW – For the first time, the Department for International Trade, UKAEG, Creative Industries Trade and Investment Board, the Advertising Association, British Underground, Arts Council England, Future Art and Culture, British Council, Creative Industries Council, Audiences of the Future Live, British Phonographic Industry, UK Research and Innovation and London & Partners have joined forces to present UK House at SXSW. It will showcase the best of UK advertising, art, tech, immersive technology, music and innovation as part of the GREAT campaign. UK House will feature over 50 speakers on-stage, host 10+ international knowledge shares, and feature the world’s first VR tuba player - Theon Cross. Find out more at www.theukhouse.com
- UK Advertising. Made Global website – The online home of UKAEG has been updated to feature the Made Global campaign, designed by adama&eveDDB and The Mill. It is now a fully-developed online showcase for UK advertising to international advertising and marketing services buyers. Visit the site here.
- The Export Accelerator, a new online tool – This new online tool for UKAEG members has been designed by UKAEG in partnership with Moore Kingston Smith and funded by the Department for International Trade. It has been built to help companies develop their exports strategy, providing information on key markets around the world including lists of awards and funding and tax incentives, and filming permits. It includes webinars, podcasts, resources, and white papers developed with industry experts, all geared to help companies strengthen their export strategies.
- Country meets – UKAEG is working with DIT to host a tour of markets including India, Brazil and China, hosting roundtables with UK advertising on topics including New World – New Audience, Sustainability in Advertising and Trouble Shooting – the current challenges for production.
- Going Global Roadshow – UKAEG is also open to new members, ready to support any UK advertising and marketing services business that is looking to go global. A special Going Global roadshow will give business leaders the chance to learn from, and network with, some of UK advertising’s biggest exporters. Book your space here
Janet Hull, Chair of UKAEG, Member Creative Industries Council, and IPA Director of Marketing Strategy commented:
“UK advertising is a global centre of excellence and a gateway for companies looking to go global. We can work with China and the USA in the same day. UK advertising wants brands and businesses from all continents to see the UK as a home from home and the first place they come to when expanding their business internationally. UK advertising welcomes brand owners, platforms and marketing services agencies to work with us to fulfil their global ambitions.”
Stephen Woodford, Chief Executive, Advertising Association, said:
“This is the third year that we have celebrated Exports Month as an industry. Following on from the EU agreement and new trade deals with key markets being signed, it has never been more crucial to demonstrate to the world that British advertising is open for business. Continuing to develop trade with our traditional partners and being open to these new opportunities will help drive recovery and growth here and around the world.
“UK advertising has a pre-eminent reputation for creative excellence that is sought after the world over. Exports Month and the programme of events we have planned, such as at SXSW, will showcase UK advertising to existing and potential clients across the globe and I urge export-oriented businesses to get behind our UK Advertising. Made Global campaign.”
Emma Glazier, Global Head of Marketing, Crowd commented:
“Showcasing British creativity and helping to amplify our best work on a world stage is something we've always been passionate about at Crowd. Since joining the UKAEG last year and participating in multiple fantastic initiatives, such as Export Month, we have been able to greatly accelerate our own global growth, as well as building a stronger network of industry leaders.”
Charlotte Walsh, Co-founder, Digital Detox commented:
“The Digital Detox mission to better humanity using technology is a global one, and being part of the UKAEG allows us to share that message with a global audience. Over the past year we have virtually travelled around the world with UKAEG and will be discussing technology with purpose at UK House, the fringe programme at SXSW. Export Month is a wonderful opportunity for the advertising industry to shout loudly about all its fantastic achievements over the past 12 months and Digital Detox are delighted to be part of the celebrations and drive.”